One potential solution I'm looking at is to deploy the filelist itself to the target server as a separate deployment, before this deployment (that calls dnr to process files on the filelist) .
Greetings fellow TS developers,I'm in the process of coming up with a solution for the below scenario, any input greatly appreciated. Consider filelist based OpenDeploy deployment between two different TeamSite servers. I would like to carry out certain operations on the files in the fielist at the target end before performing the deployment. How do i send the filelist file to the target server over a dnrDeployment script? I checked the manuals : 1. od_71_dev_v01_en and 2. od_71_ref_v01_en, couldn't find anything useful there. \Best,Sivaram
I don't think the manifest from the DNR will work (as per Boris) since you are trying to do this before the deployment - as I don't think there will be any manifest information at that point.
Thanks Fish and Boris for your very valuable comments (as always!).Some background into what I'm trying to do: I'm putting together a workflow to synchronize multiple TeamSite environments. A user can select the files/folder that needs to be synchronized into the target environment. The files at the target needs to be submitted to STAGING area ( if the file exists ) and an edition of the branch must be created based on STAGING (this is conditional, user selected option from the workflow instantiation). In order to incorporate the submit to STAGING, logical check to see whether user opted to cut an edition or not and cut an edition (if user opted to do) are all wrapped inside a perl script that gets called as DNR at the target. Thanks again!Sivaram