What's your functional requirement for this?You can run multiple instances of OD by installing it once, then using the iwodinsttool CLT. I don't believe any of the standard OOTB deployment tasks ever use any but the default instance, so you'd better have a good reason for doing this.Technically speaking, I believe different instances simply spawn different JVMs running on different ports. This is fine if you're using a second instance for something completely unrelated to TeamSite. If you're looking for multithreaded deployments though, this is probably the worst approach.
Thanks for the reply rpoulin ,Let's put in this way.I had OD receiver software: OD receiver 6.2 and od 7.3.Installed 6.2 on port 20014 and i want to install 7.3 on 20015, Will this be possible.Thanks
I believe the answer is "no" - because I think you'd run into registry problems (on Windows) or conflicting /etc/defaultiwodhome files (on Unix)There's no reason to do this - simply upgrade the Receiver when you're ready to do so - until then you should be able to make down-rev (or up-rev) deployments to the Receiver with whichever version you have on there.
You can try but the answer is no. You could do TS 5.X and 6.X because there were significant architecture differences but not with what you have
Thanks Nipper,Lets try with OD rcvr:5.0 or 5.5 and od 7.3. Will this scenario work. Thanks
That should work. Why you would want to is beyond me.
Hi Nipper, Just did with all versions of OD from Old to New. Yes, We can do with multiple instances.I am expecting you are aware, This might be helpful to others. Just replying that it can done from any Older versions to Latest versions. Thanks