Environment[indent]TS/OD/LSCS/LSDS 7.2.1 + WebSPhere on Linux[/indent]
Issue[indent]Trying to figure out what I need to do (and where I need to do it) in order to configure PLC-based deployment tasks to perform [essentially] a fan-out deployment.
I.e.: For our production environment, there will be four web servers and three application servers. I want to be able to have the deployment tasks in the PLC-like workflow be able to deploy all the web / static content (e.g.: images, css, js, etc) to all four of the web servers and all the applicaton data (e.g.: page files, iwov-resources/*) to all three application servers - preferably as fan-out deployments rather than a set of serialized deployments.
In most cases, I'm talking about a distinct set of servers (Web / App) for each environment, but there's at least one case where we expect to have two environments ("Dev" & "Test") share a set of servers. In all cases, "App" refers to LSCS + LSDS + WebSphere running on the same server.
In one ("Dev") environment, there will be only one Web and one App server. In all the other environments there will be two (or more) Web servers and two (or more, likely three) App servers - which while they may be load-balanced are not (as far as I can determine thus far) "clustered" in the "Microsoft Cluster" sense - so they would require a fan-out deploment process to keep them all in sync.[/indent]
What I've done so far[indent]
I've looked through the manuals, and while it seems to get touched on, I don't seem to be able to fully grasp the details (surprise).
I tried searching the forums - and come up with the following:[indent]
this is kind of a summary of multiple threads - and a bit of a catharsis too. I've ried to make sure to provide reasonable and accurate paths and file names - something that the documentation (and many of the forum posts) fail to do - so that this will be more helpful to others going on...[/indent]
Anyway - I'm planning on trying to pursue this (phased approach, farms first for a single environment, then adding other environments) and we'll see what happens.If anyone has any useful contributions to make with regard to the above (like verying the answers to some of the questions I raised, and/or detailig anything that I left out) - please do so. Otherwise, stand by and I'll try to update this when I actually get something done.