Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Last access folder location for user after migration
artor
Hi,
We are in the process of migrating Teamsite from one machine to new machine, everything has been done and I can see content store, user, permission,workflows etc are working fine, the only problem is that when user login to new machine it will not remember the user history of last location where user works and teamsite show only two nodes
1)default
2)iwadmin
and user has to go and find the location, so my question is how to prepare for last known location for each user.
Thanks.
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
This information is stored in the entities "database" files.
I'm not 100% sure of this - you should check with Support - but if you copy the tsusers.xml and the entire entities db directory from your old server to your new server - I believe that everything should work.
However: If this is a Unix system, you need to make sure that any OS accounts on both servers have the same UID. If this is a Windows system, you will probably have to run iwidmap to fix any server-specific account's SID mappings (there are a number of KB's regarding the use of iwidmap on the Support site)
The reason I'm suggesting copying
both
the tsusers.xml and the entities DB is that I believe there is a mapping of information between the two - so just copying over the entities folder may not be sufficient.
Again - I'd suggest checking with Support first before doing this -- or at least making sure you have good backups of both the tsusers.xml and entities folder before you try it out -- just in case you need to back it out.