Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Launchpad and IE6 SP1b
Vicki
Hi
I received the recent product alert from Interwoven about
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1b and how that affects Launchpad, but I can't find any reference on Microsoft site to service pack 1b? All I can find that seems to fit is
MS03-040: October, 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer. Can someone tell me if this is the right one please?
Thanks
Vicki
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Vicki,
If you are looking at the MSFT site for how you would download SP1b, you will not find it. SP1b is exactly what you describe, IE 6 + SP1+ Cumulative Patch.
But as far as downloading would be concerned, you cannot download SP1b per se, but just SP1 which really is SP1b.
If your users were already on IE 6.0 SP1, then Windows Update would prompt them to install just that patch on top of IE 6.0 SP1.
Dizzying, I know, we are all trying to keep up with MSFT's weekly updates. Let me know if my explanation makes sense.
You can read here for more details on the issue:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/activexchanges.asp
Thanks,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Vicki
Thanks David...That's exactly what I needed to know.
Can you tell me if Interwoven are planning to release something to counter this? Or are we waiting on MSFT to make some other change. Besides that MSFT article is there anything else I can read on the subject?
Kind regards
Vicki
taiyo
Can you tell me how to distinguish if your user has installed SP1b?
It sounds like you will not be able to distinguish by viewing the General tab after looking at the system properties.
thanks,
taiyo
Vicki
Hi Taiyo
If they have IE 6 sp1b installed - and they use launchpad they will see a popup. See this msft article for more details.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/activexchanges.asp
I am still awaiting advise as to whether Interwoven are going to make some change to counter this code or not.
Hope this helps
Vicki
Migrateduser
Hi Vicki,
We are diligently working on the fix for this. We do not have a date for when we will be releasing this fix, but I can tell you that from an engineering perspective that we do know what the fix is.
I will reply to this post when we have a concrete release date.
Sorry for any inconvenience,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Vicki
Many thanks for the quick and honest answer Dave
I really appreciate it. It will really help me out.
Many thanks
Vicki
Migrateduser
Hi All,
I think that there has been some confusion around IE 6.0 SP1b, and I may have contributed to it.
Here is what is going on. IE 6.0 SP1b is NOT yet released, so none of your users will have it. MSFT has started a program for developers to test their applications against IE 6.0 SP1b. It is in currently in pre-release for developers to prepare for this behavior change.
Therefore, this is NOT an issue for any customers right now. We do have the fix and it is ready to go. But since Microsoft hasn't even released this yet, there is no need for Interwoven to take any action at this time.
Here is Microsoft's current thinking on the issue:
"Early next calendar year, Microsoft expects that new computers and retail purchases of Microsoft Windows XP will have this behavior. Microsoft also expects that new service packs of Windows XP and Internet Explorer will have this behavior starting after that."
For more information on IE 6.0 SP1b, please go here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/ieupdate/
If you have any more questions, please contact me directly.
Thanks!
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Vicki
Many thanks for the update Dave
I really appreciate it.
Many thanks
Vicki