Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite not responding for a while
naumank
Hi,
I installed the TS 6.7.2 in RHL 5.x version in vmware environment but we experience a slowness in Teamsite, one moment it works quite fast and second moment it becomes slow, slow means if you click from one folder to other folder it hangs and mouse is spining and at the same time
i run the Top command in RHL , i don't see the iwserver.linux process at all
and after 1 or 2 minutes , it come back i can see the process in RHL in top command and also teamsite works fine from the browser,
I tune up a lot of things like cache, rpc, fps, disk but still experiencing the same issue.
If anybody has an idea to optimize this, I would really appreciate, i know vmware degrade the performance but not that much.
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Sounds more like a network issue than a server issue.
Try running something like traceroute and/or ping from your client machine to the server to monitor the throughput you get when the server is running fast, and when it's running slow.
naumank
Yes we are monitoring that but so far we fixed the issue on network side but time to time when teamsite from browser becomes slow we get this message
===============================================
The Interwoven Web Daemon was unable to contact the Interwoven Servlet Engine. The Interwoven Servlet Engine may be down, or running on an unexpected host or port.
Please contact your system administrator.
===============================================
but after few second or a minute it becomes normal without doing anything.
Regards,
nipper
Log on to the VM and runt
http://localhost/
How does that respond ?
naumank
Actually I am running linux and I did the tunneling to see localhost from browser and I am facing the same problem so now it seems to me its in the middle of hardware or teamsite application.
nipper
You have to look for logs. TeamSite/local/logs/, TeamSite/local/logs/iwui and ApplicationContainer/server/default/log
Probably you have something messed up in the network config, where localhost is not defined, or servername.domain is not valid, etc.
Bowker
If you were on a windows machine I might suggest that the JBOSS service was restarting. I'm assuming there is an equivalent daemon in the unix world.
naumank
I checked but couldnt find in the log about localhost or wrong entry.
naumank
hi
during the slowness i typed the wget
http://localhost
and teamsite wouldn't reachable during that time and i started at 13:21:17 and it got finish 13:22:39.
==============================================
root@SERVERCMS conf]# wget
http://localhost
--2012-10-03 13:21:17--
http://localhost/
Resolving localhost... 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost|127.0.0.1|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
302 Found
Location:
http://localhost/iw-cc/command/iw.ui
[following]
--2012-10-03 13:22:39--
http://localhost/iw-cc/command/iw.ui
Reusing existing connection to localhost:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `iw.ui'
[ <=> ] 8,991 --.-K/s in 0s
2012-10-03 13:22:39 (552 MB/s) - `iw.ui' saved [8991]
======================================