Check the lscs-conf.properties.
Why does: <preview lscsContext="lscs" lscsRuntimeTransport="http" lscsRuntimeHostname="localhost" lscsRuntimePort="8080" destinationArea="/usr/LSCSRT-Store" destinationNode="LiveSiteRuntime_wip"/>not point to the LSCS-Auth store??
Check the odnodes.xml...Check the lscs.log and the deployment.log of LSCS to get further details on the errors.
Obvious Question: What configuration file is being processed that is missing the "lscsContext" attribute in preview?
I don't think we're actually using 'preview' at this time - there's no preview instance installed on the TS server (we're planning to try to implement a runtime-preview environment called "wip" - but I'm not there yet)
This (ODHOME/conf/lscs/lscs-authroing.xml) is the wrong path for this file and I have no idea how you got it there. The PLC is looking at IWHOME/LiveSiteCSAuth/etc/deployment/config/lscs-authoring.xml, which is where you'll also find the lscs-conf.cfg mentioned by rohit.
And tell the sys admin to fix the locate command on your server. locate lscs-conf.cfg will save a lot of time
% locate teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSAuth/authoring/etc/deployment/config/teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/Single_teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/teamsite-areadiff.xml% locate lscs-conf.cfg%
Also check the content.properties file
Actually - it seems to be working [now]:% locate teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSAuth/authoring/etc/deployment/config/teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/Single_teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/teamsite-areadiff.xml% locate lscs-conf.cfg%Still no lscs-conf.cfg file.(and it doesn't appear to be on their PROD TS server either)
actually I think it is lscs-conf.propertiesyou can do locate lscs-cand it will tell all the paths that contian that string
% locate lscs | egrep "\.(cfg|conf|config|xml|properties)" | egrep -v "(example|_de|_ja|\-dah|\-dih)" /usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/META-INF/lscs-sample.docket.xml/usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/livesite/lscsproperties/development_plc_lscs.properties/usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/livesite/lscsproperties/lscscode.properties/usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/livesite/lscsproperties/production_plc_lscs.properties/usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/livesite/resources/lscs-resource-config.xml/usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/conf/lscs-sample/deployment.properties/usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSAuth/authoring/etc/deployment/config/lscs-authoring.xml/usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSAuth/install/jboss/webapps/lscs-static/WEB-INF/web.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_commit-deploy.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_lscs-authoring.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_reset-project.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_rollback.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/FanOut_teamsite-areadiff.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/commit-deploy.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/lscs-authoring.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/reset-project.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/rollback.xml/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf/lscs/teamsite-areadiff.xml%
Does it work after the content.properties change?
Is LSCS run alone or is it part of WS ? I know that LSDS runs as under WS, but do not remember if LSCS did.
It can. I'd guess they installed LSCS normally, then copied the WAR to WebSphere and are running it from there. In which case yes, the former is used and the latter is not.What you want to check though is how WebSphere is set up to redeploy the app. They might have set it up to use LiveSiteCSRT as the "source", which would mean that any changes in WS would be overwritten if ever they redeployed the app from the WS console. So even though only one file might be 'active', you'd probably want to make changes in both copies.