Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Page preview not working for Livesite dotnet configuration
g2svnit
Hi All,
We are using teamsite 7.2.1, and the sitepublisher is configured for dotnet. But using the dotnet we are unable to preview the .page files. If we change the display service application type to java (in default.site file), preview starts working but as soon as we configured it for dotnet we get blank page in preview.
We tried checking application as well as content center logs but logs are also not much helpful (attaching both content_center.log and server.log file with the post).
We tried reistalling preview also, but that also didn't alleviate the problem.
Any pointer will be helpful.
Thanks and Regards,
Jitu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GRD
What do you see in local/logs/iwui/livesite.preview.dotnet.log?
No doubt it probably has something to do with this message in your log files:
invalid fixed alyout config ///default/main/US/WORKAREA/US/iw/config/fixed-layout/descriptive.xml
You might try submitting the files in the workarea, making sure permissions are such that the IIS application pool can read them.
-Greg
g2svnit
Hey Greg,
Thanks for reply!
Livesite dotnet preview log is not getting updated.
I tried to resolve the error shown in content center log (i.e. I replaced all the spaces with - in attribute names of descriptive.xml), but now content center log is also not getting update.
Submitting the files to worarea doesn't help, and permissions are also seem to be fine.
One more thing I observed that, when I drop the component on page it never gets upload, its just show uploading icon forever.
Regards,
Jitu
GRD
Have you tried changing the component guide to a .NET application type, and previewing it?
-Greg
g2svnit
Yes, I tried changing component guide to dotnet application type, but I am unable to preview there also. It is giving blank page only.
Regards,
Jitendra
arunkumar4
try to reset the IIS. it should work.
g2svnit
Tried reseting IIS many times, it doesn't help