Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy - Information Stream not Streaming
Foglia
As described on pp. 214-215 in the OpenDeploy Administrator Guide v5.6.0, I am attempting to have a future dnr script retrieve and parse the output of a prior script. While both scripts in my configuration successfully retrieve the OpenDeploy in-memory log, the second script does not retrieve any of the output sent to standard out in the first script. I've pasted my deployment script. Anybody know how to make this work??
Thanks.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <deploymentConfiguration >
<logRules maxBytes="10MB" level="verbose" >
</logRules>
<localNode host="mtc-iw-dev" />
<replicationFarmSet >
<replicationFarm name="ProdFarm" >
<nodeRef useNode="mtc-iw-dev" />
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="Agencies" >
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="/default/main/br1/WORKAREA/area1" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="." />
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="ProdFarm" >
<targetFilesystem area="/default/main/br2/WORKAREA/area2" />
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" />
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="no" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="Agencies" >
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="source" when="after" triggerpoint="transfer" state="success">
<script cmd="/export/home/rfoglia/od_get_xa.ipl" where="/tmp" async="no" />
</dnrDeployment>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" triggerpoint="disconnect" state="success">
<script cmd="/export/home/rfoglia/od_set_xa.ipl" where="/tmp" async="no" />
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think we'd have to see the scripts that you are using in order to help diagnose the problem you are experiencing...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Foglia
Thanks for replying, fish.
These scripts are pretty basic, just reading stdin and logging it. I’m also adding some additional output to stdout that (according to what I read in the manual) should show up in the stdin of the other script. My thought is - based on the way I’ve set up the DNRs stdout from the ‘get’ script will be stdin for the ‘set’ script, but I’ve left open the possibility of it occurring the other way around. Neither works.
Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
Adam Stoller
I'm not positive - but I think you're getting the manifest files and not the in-memory logs - can you post your odbase.xml file?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Foglia
You are correct; I am set up to get the manifest format as opposed to the log format in odbase.
<dnrProperties allowDnrExecution="yes" infoStreamFormat="manifest" />
Are you suggesting that in order to get output from the first script the deployments need to run in log mode?
Thanks
Adam Stoller
I don't know for sure - but I think the answer is "yes" - you have to be in log-mode in order to get the information from one DNR's output in another DNR's input - either that or write to a temporary file on the local system (which doesn't apply in your case as you are trying to transfer the information from a DNR on the source side to a DNR on the target side ... though you could deploy the temporary file, but this is getting less and less practical...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Foglia
I've been working with support on this on and they logged a bug: #46861 - "DNR script output not captured by OD manifest/in-memory-log."
So hopefully there will be a patch soon.