Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
duplicate files in directory ?
nipper
Sol 5.8 TS 5.5.2 SP3
inside WA:
ls -l
-rw-rw-r-- 1 rp4977 other 2125 Oct 24 14:19 AA1ANDY
-rw-rw-r-- 1 rp4977 other 2125 Oct 24 14:19 AA1ANDY
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r53539 other 2046 Oct 24 13:37 AA2AN
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r53539 other 2046 Oct 24 13:37 AA2AN
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r53539 other 2018 Oct 24 13:37 AA3final
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r53539 other 2018 Oct 24 13:37 AA3final
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r35414 other 2002 Oct 24 13:37 AGTEST10
-rw-rw-r-- 1 r35414 other 2002 Oct 24 13:37 AGTEST10
See that Unix thinks I have 2 files named AA1ANDY (in the same directory)
I do not see 2 in the GUI.
I noticed this when my find was acting strange.
Anyone see this before ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
so, if I cd in to that directory, vi a newfile and save it
it is all magically back to where it was supposed to be
I need a drink. A seriously large one.
Michael
If you can still reproduce this you might want to consider some backing store checks with iwfsck...
If problems persist consult your doctor
Cheers
Michael