TS732, WS8When I see site, I understand it as website. In TS, there is an option to create Site. Does it mean that everytime user creates new site, it pertains to a new url ? OR does Site mean something else ? If so, whats that ?
Thanx
Training would be a good plan.
New Site is for a SitePublisher site within a branch/workarea. One will be created for a URL typically and will be shared by a set of users.
You need to take some training from in-house OR Autonomy provided (HP provided will be expensive). I am not sure , how much you can grasp in a week of training though.
good luck.
nipper wrote: New Site is for a SitePublisher site within a branch/workarea. One will be created for a URL typically and will be shared by a set of users.
So for every new site created from within TeamSite, a server ID and its IP adress is to be provided. Can this site be acesses by some end user ? I see 50+ sites under SiteMap. Does it mean that all these are different sites fo end users (eg am1.com, am2.com....am50.com), which end users can access. these sites can be accessible for business users or any other users.
Some sites are named as post-eps-en_US, pre-rc-en_FR.
Site addresses are specified as www.acr.com/pre-rc-en_FR , www.acr.com/post-eps-en_US.
So are these all sites mere pages which exist on www.acr.com ? End User will visit www.acr.com, some index page wil be displayed and after that links on that will redirect to diferent sites, which are some pages. If so whats the difference between a site and a page ? Why do we need site if its just a page ?
I was occupied with some other issue, so I am posting a while later.
thanks.
You're asking a very generic question and apparently your implementation differs from the defacto answer, so how about you try asking the person(s) that built your solution?
You may also want to edit your post and remove the information that identifies your web properties for security/privacy concerns, especially if you're not an employee of that organization.