TS732, WS8
------------------
How can I find location of iw-cc ? Is there a default location or is there a clt available for that ?
Nope, but it will be something like:
/opt/interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-cc.war/
you can run
find / -name "iw-cc.war" -print
for the brute force method (on Linux/Solaris)
In the WorkFlow Modeler, I see variable "CGI Script Name = /iw-cc/Workflow/WeTask.do"
Yes there exists dir structure as you mentioned, but I dont see "Workflow" under iw-cc. Where can I find this file location "/iw-cc/Workflow/WeTask.do"?
Thanks
Because that is not a directory structure per say. This is a WebApp and /Workflow/ is an application inside the iw-cc app which is inside JBOSS
ApplicationContainer, is that not jBoss ? If not, where can I locate jBoss ? If this is jBoss, then iw-cc has to be in it somewhere.
Yes ApplicationContainer is JBOSS
Bit that does not mean everything looks like a directory.
Do you understand the concept of virtual directories in web servers ? Same thing here. These are applications registered to that URI
This script has to be somewhere. Where would this vurtual dir be ? Where would the physical location of this virtual dir be coinfigured ? I know about virtualization of dir on IIS for TS content server, but not aware about it for CGI Scripts.
It is not a script. It is code, Java. I do not know what jar it is in, but you might check
./iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/lib/modelerworkflowapi.jar
./iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/lib/modelerworkflowapidoc.jar
./iw-cc.war/WEB-INF/lib/workflowModeler.jar
FWIW - I just did a quick check of the ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy directory tree on my W2K3 7.4.1 installation - and could not find any WebTask.do as a file or as a member of any war or jar file. Doesn't mean it's not there - or perhaps in some other location, but it doesn't look too good as a starting point.
There are a lot of *WebTask* classes in the livesite.jar - and perhaps that's what you would need to look for.
".do" is the default extension for a servlet action in the Struts framework for Java webapps. There's a config file that maps URLs+context to java classes, which then calculates data and may or may not forward to one of a handful of JSPs mapped to that action name.
In other words, Java webapps are nothing like "scripts" and there may be as many as 100+ files involved in generating the response for that URL.
Thanks for replies.
I am still not getting, how do I relate "/iw-cc/Workflow/WeTask.do" to a physical location. In which config file will this location be configured ?
By that I mean, whenever there is a reference in this form anywhere in workflow or any anyother code, I don't want to keep asking same question here again and again. I just need to understand how is this configured and where is the actual location of this code.
Your replies are very helpful.
thanks
OK so we are getting nowhere. Your question has been answered.
It does not get mapped to a physical location, it gets mapped to Autonomy proprietary custom Java code. You will never change it.
The real question is why are you asking ? What are you trying to figure out ?
This will execute a program as part of the task when the WFM is executed.
This might help to learn about struts
http://struts.apache.org/release/1.3.x/faqs/works.html
Some of the pages from a workarea are not getting published and some are published.
First, I thought that its an issue related to space as dir was almost 99% full. But then some log files were deleted but still issue emained. So now I am trying to check OD permissions. but for that I need to know, what OD Config file is used. For that I need to check which script is triggering this deployment and I am coming down to Webtask.do
So if this vendoe provided, then I am not sure how to check it. You are right, I am back to same place where I started ie point 0.
Where do I check for deployment config file which is being triggered ?
The answer is a pretty significant "it depends"..
Assuming you're using the OOTB PLC workflow, then
when using lscs, it'll use ODNG/conf/lscs/*.xml (three of them)
else, it'll use ODNG/conf/LiveSite/OpenDeployWebRoot.xml and possibly others if db.enabled=true
In other words, you're better off looking for relevant errors in your OD logs and the JBoss server.log and the TeamSite content_center.log and starting there.
You *should* be using the OOTB PLC (Publish Livesite Content) workflow. That will narrow things down. The logs will be in OpenDeployNG/log/LiveSIte or OpenDeployNG/log/lscs depending (like Rick said)
You should also be checking the sender and the receiver logs.
Now it is also very possible that the deployment is working but the old page is cached. Have you verified that the file on the destination has not changed ?
If you are not using the PLC, then you have to run a deployment and then look through the log folder and find the most recently updated logs.
My point with the logs, beside they help in debugging, is that if you find the log that corresponds to the failure, you can get the deployment name from the log.