Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Remove approval message when closing DCT?
System
Is it possible to remove/disable the message "Would you like to submit this file for approval" message when closing a DCT?
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Piers
Sounds like you have 'tt_data' present in your available_templates.cfg
check here for more info
http://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/templating/html/tst.552.dev/nn4/tst.552.dev_34.htm
Migrateduser
Is there any way to remove it only for specific templates (not just for entire branches)?
Adam Stoller
You could try using a branch_list / branch specification that goes all the way to the data-type level - i.e.:
<branch_list>
<branch value=".*/templatedata/my-category/my-datatype" include="no"/>
<branch value="all" include="yes"/>
</branch_list>
However, (a) I have not tried this out, (b) I know that for a while templating only looked at the actual branch-path and not the full area/directory path [I believe this was fixed in a SP, but don't recall off the top of my head]
Give it a whirl and let us know.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Didn't work for me in WebDesk Pro. May work in WebDesk.
Migrateduser
I bet there's something I could do with FormAPI in specific templates?
Migrateduser
Actually, it prompts me to start a workflow, then it tells me that no workflows are configured!
Adam Stoller
Can you post (as an attachment) your available_templates.cfg file?
And describe the scenario in which this problem occurs (what directory are you in, what category/data-type you are creating/editing, what user you are logged in as, what role, etc.)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE available_templates SYSTEM './available_templates.dtd'>
<available_templates>
<template_file name='Intranet Content Workflow' path='Pioneer/DefaultWorkflow.wft'>
<branch_list>
<branch value=".*/templatedata/Intranet/Metadata" include="no"/>
<branch value="all" include="yes"/>
</branch_list>
<command_list>
<command value='submit' />
<command value='tt_data' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value='all' include='yes' allusers='yes'/>
</role_list>
</template_file>
</available_templates>
In any directory I edit a record of type Intranet/Metadata as master or admin.
If there are two rules in branch_list, which takes precedence?
Adam Stoller
In general, the process is top-down - first match wins.
However the issue here is what does avaialable_templates.ipl think the current "branch" path is when you either (a) run submit or (b) edit and close a DCR.
I'd suggest turning on debugging in available_templates.ipl, and possibly adding some additional debugging of your own - to track this down.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
BomProveito
Good question -- how do we eliminate the "Would you like to submit this DCR for approval" message and go directly to the "tt_data" workflow?
Incidentally, how do we invoke the workflow whenever a user saves a DCR, not just when he "Save and Close"? I guess we could invoke the workflow from within FormAPI. Is that a good idea?
Another option perhaps would be to set up a trigger?
It would also be good to invoke a workflow whenever a user deletes a DCR (not just via the Delete Data Record) option.
Thanks,
S.
Migrateduser
i checked my available_templates.cfg for "tt_data" and there arent any instances. we arent using interwoven workflows at my company and i need to know how to disable this message!
thanks in advance
Adam Stoller
Well, I'm a bit confused then. could you please post (as an attachment) your available_templates.cfg file?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)