Hello,
wanted some opinions about this and about people's preferences for file/dir ownership policies in TeamSite workareas - I expect there will be differing ones so it could be interesting.
In our TeamSite workareas we have many files/dirs owned by obsolete users eg:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 3013 nlmweb 1242 Jun 13 2012 robots.txt
drwxrwxr-x 2 3013 nlmweb 512 Nov 16 2013 sitemessages/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 3013 nlmweb 14 Feb 10 2005 symposium -> hmd/conference/
...and I am convinced this slows TeamSite in Linux due to issues with Linux user lookups of unknown users (anyone else think this?).
I have decided to change us from many individually-owned workareas to one group-owned workarea, so I can use submit.cfg to gradually change ownerships to generic tsmaster:nlmweb, but I note that although that works well for files it doesn't necessarily change directory ownerships. Note that we use straight Unix groups not "TeamSite groups".
Do people agree that is the best policy?
I was also looking at running iwidmap, but am edgy at running mass-changes on the content store unless there is a desperate need to do so. Besides my test attempt to run for just 1 user failed with:
./iwidmap -u -c 3013 tsmaster /usr/nlm/iwdata/iw-store/default
Unable to open TeamSite group file /usr/nlm/iw/iw-home/TeamSite/conf/tsgroups.xml
...assume tsgroups.xml is for "TeamSite Groups", which we don't use so why is it needed for this?
(BTW it was Support who suggested iwidmap as they thought unknown users might be the cause of an issue we have removing roles for certain users in certain branches:
iwaccess remove-permission-entry /iwmnt/default/main/nihseniorhealth -user nlmoccstest1 -role admin
Invalid or no permission entry
...although it shows this user is an admin in that branch. Anyone seen this before? Don't think iwidmap will solve this issue anyhow).
Cheers
PJ