One of my coworkers asked me to find this out - is there a REST API available to start a TeamSite workflow? If anyone has any iformation, please respond. I have no more context than that at the moment.
Can't think of a REST API , but I believe cssdk and csclient are the key :
https://lpicquet.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/whats-the-cssdk-for/comment-page-1
https://lpicquet.wordpress.com/category/java/cssdk/
Here are some interesting threads :
http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-TeamSite/CSSDK-APIs/td-p/289384#.Vx5-MRw2xRQ
http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-TeamSite/CSSDK-how-to-get-connection-to-Teamsite-server/td-p/234392#.Vx59sxw2xRQ
http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-TeamSite/CSSDK-how-to-get-connection-to-Teamsite-server-Getting-issues/td-p/279244#.Vx6Adxw2xRQ
This allows you to write your own rest api maybe ?
Thanks. We're familiar with the CSSDK. Was specifically looking for a REST API, but apparently it doesn't exist.
How about SOAP? Hack into the CSSDK world using the soap interface. That might work.
I definitely like the idea of writing your own over that solution. Security might be a challenge.
We will probably end up writing our own and hack into the IW code if need be. We've done it before - why they don't open up more options for doing things from outside their own app is a mystery. And one reason they haven't really kept up with the times. Once we nail down exactly what our requirements are, I'm sure we'll make it work one way or another. REST just happens to be the protocol the other app support folks suggested we try and use, if available.
But next year , we'll be able to buy Teamsite from OpenText on our turn for 2000$ ,so then we'll throw it in the opensource pit ,and a json flower will emerge from it