Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Length of paths
johnjamesmarsh
TS 5.5.2 SP4, Solaris 8
Hi,
I have a problem when running an external task with the length of the command string. The command I am running is:
$cmd = "$iwhome/bin/iwupdate -w /default/main/Cust/Release/EDITION/$editionName/$filePath $MRorWRPath/WORKAREA/$MRorWR";
Once all the variables are replaced this command has become too long and fails to execute. I can bypass the problem by changing to the source directory of the file but this seems to be a short term solution if my users make their filenames any longer.
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? This must be a problem that other people (including Interwoven) have faced.
Thanks
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jorge1
Hi John,
I had the same problem with OD and I did changed the source directory of the path and didn-t gave second thought to it.... however if there is an alternative or you find one I am rather interested to know about it.
Cheers,
jorge
Jorge Rodrigues
Cambridge Technology Partners Switzerland S.A.
A Division of Novell, Inc.
Adam Stoller
The limitation is, as far as I know, at the system level (OS/shell) not TeamSite.
The solutions are (a) cd to the source directory first, (b) only allow short branch / workarea / directory / file names, (c) wait until the OS/shell gets upgraded some time in the possible future to allow longer command lines.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
If you put it into a file & exec the file, length does not matter.
I have some incredibly long DD command lines and that is the only way I can execute them to debug.
HTH
ANdy