Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
automate generation and submit
bradp
Hello,
I'm pretty new to templating, and I have some concerns about the ability of my users to navigate to the appropriate directory and save the HTML page when they generate it. Is there a way to automatically generate the HTML page when they close the DCR, and then submit the DCR and the generated page ?
Thanks.
Brad Pridgeon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You could use FormAPI callServer to do this, but a workflow with an externaltask to generate/attach and a submittask to submit might be more appropriate (especially if you want to include approval). Basically you want rules (maybe in templating.cfg) that determine what output files to generate in what directories based on category, type and/or other conditions.
bradp
Does anyone have any examples of how to do this ?
Brad Pridgeon
Migrateduser
I would check this thread and contact the last person known to be working on this.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=22711&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
DefaultLanguage.png
bradp
I check this thread. It appears they are doing this in TeamSite 6. I'm on 5.5.2. Does anyone else have any suggestions ?
Brad Pridgeon
Gregg Faus
TeamSite 6 changes the way information is presented and previewed, but it does no provide any out of the box automated generation and submit. All of that has to be done with workflow.
In general, the use of extended attributes, a custom config file, and a page generation script can do most of the automation for you.
gzevin
yes, there is a way. I have written 2 scripts that do this in a workflow as external task. One script drives another (as I wanted to be pretty generic) - however I got a one-script version as well.
basically the script mimics the directory structure in templatetada/category/datatype/data directory - it'll create the same tree in the workarea (in the root or even somewhere down the existing directory), generate an HTM file, attach all the attributes, attach the file to the workflow...
It's not that hard - a few lines of perl code
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bradp
Can you share the script(s) with me ?
Brad Pridgeon
gzevin
sent my mail
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
tsrookie
Hi Greg,
any chance you could share these scripts with me.
Colin