I am trying to find out the limitations of 6.2 version. Please help me with it.
Depends on what you want to do with it. I would confirm that you meant 6.2 and not 7.2 or 8.2.
It is a perfectly functional basic CMS with workflow, templating and deployment, albeit 6.2 was released in 2006 or so.
Customizations are for themost part XML and Perl based. Rather old technologies.
The biggest issue will be support. Overall, that was EOL (end of life) several years ago. It also runs on rather old technology (maybe Win 2003, or Linux 5 you will have to find out). Browser support will be really old. IE 7, early version of FireFox (or even Netscape). Client Java will old, 1.5 maybe.
Yes I meant 6.2. We are trying to decomission it but there are many dependencies. I need to convince a team why TeamSite needs a database for storing data of a specific workflow. We need it for few more months till the TeamSite is removed altogether.
TeamSite only needs the DB for system events. You can fly without it, Search won't work, but the main functionality will. Workflows do not require a DB unlesss that was a customer imposed requirement