Need help with TeamSite Task Hanging in Limbo

Hi there,

My workplace has a shared TeamSite and I'm attempting to convert a right section on our main default page. The problem is, when I look at the main dashboard Tasks (under the dropdown All Tasks), the task is hanging there. Sadly, it says that I am unable to take the task in order to move it to deployment. I have the approver ability, but for some reason this task isn't letting me approve. I've already attempted to undo the changes, and to revert to an old version, but the task is still there.

Could you help with this?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Comments

• Find an admininstator/master,  they can take any job and push it forward.  

I have also seen cases where no valid users can take a task.  

You can run form the CMS command line: iwtaskuser TASKID MYNAME

that will assign the user MYNAME to the specific task. 

• So for those cases where no valid users could take a task, what was the solution? I have a take task, that if I add myself,a master, to the proper group in the workflow, I am able to take the task ownership.... however... others in that same group are not able to and it states they do not have permissions.

• You should be able to use /opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwaddtaskuser and /opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwaddtaskgroup (or wherever those binaries are located) to add users and groups to certain tasks.

I have seen this happen typically when a WF has bugs and dynamically adds users/groups to the review and never adds any.

In your case, the Master should be able to take any task. If others are not masters, that is why. Look at the WF code that is generated and see exactly what groups and users are assigned to the task.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs