TeamSite + Search hardware requirements

Hello all,

Would like to know the hardware config for a new installation of TeamSite, OD, Search etc on same server.

As per the manual, these are the required hardware specs
Min hard disk: 5x the size of store; Recommended: 10x the size of store
CPU: Min 2 cores, 1.2GHz, 4 GB RAM
Switch & LAN: Min 1Gbit Switch, 1Gbit LAN (for 50 concurrent users..? not sure)

Our Configuration
Softwares: TeamSite 8.x, Search 8.x, OpenDeploy Base 8.x
Store size ~200 GB
Hard disk ~2 TB on NAS
Concurrent users ~50-60
Largest branch size ~50 GB
Editions created ~avg 5-10 per day
Workflows ~avg 250 per day
Deployments ~avg 150 per day
Total users ~200

• the above operations happens on multiple stores
    No SitePublisher/LSCS/LSDS etc.

Search requirements
the number of indexed branches ~60 (size of 150+ GB)
the type of content being searched ~htmls, data records, etc.
the frequency of query operations ~avg 60 queries per 8 hrs
the required query response time ~1 min

Data is expected to grow at a rate of 20-25% per year. Other applications include Splunk forwarder, Vintela, SiteMinder etc.

What would be the required CPU/RAM/LAN/Switch requirements for this configuration approximately?

I hope this isn't too much to ask. Please let me know if I've missed any key points to mention or if you need additional info.

Thanks in advance!
Praveen

Answers

• If you're using VMs and NAS storage, why do you need to have Search and TeamSite on the same server? Just keep them separate - that way they won't clobber each other. You're just asking for trouble.

• Network as fast as possible. Keep that puppy screaming.

Likely 8 CPUs, 16GB RAM would be the target I would use. If you have 2 core CPUs then use 4. This is likely overkill, but should give very good performance.

• Thanks David & Andy for your suggestions!

@David: are you telling this from your experience or if not can you please provide the source?

@Andy: will 1Gbps be sufficient?

Regards,
    Praveen

• What Dave said is correct. Think about it. Draw it out. You will see similar network traffic regardless.

Yes 1 Gbps should be sufficient. Most are not that fast.

• The documentation recommends that you put Search on a separate server, if possible. If you're using VMs and NAS, that should not be difficult for you. And it will save you lots of potential headaches down the road. I asked why you require both to be on the same server and you didn't respond, so I'm not really interested in much more.

• when attempting to build a docker instance of teamsite,opendeploy I get the error

43080a59b69da73f666897c58757d156

incorrect checksum
    The command '/bin/sh -c diff /${uvfs_name}.tar.gz.md5 /downloaded_${uvfs_name}.md5 && echo "checksum verified" || (echo "incorrect checksum" ; exit 1)' returned a non-zero code: 1

• when attempting to build a docker instance of teamsite,opendeploy I get the error

incorrect checksum
    The command '/bin/sh -c diff /${uvfs_name}.tar.gz.md5 /downloaded_${uvfs_name}.md5 && echo "checksum verified" || (echo "incorrect checksum" ; exit 1)' returned a non-zero code: 1

• when attempting to build a docker instance of teamsite,opendeploy I get the error at the end of the build and I cannot undersatnd why please assist.

incorrect checksum

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs