Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt dynamic sorting
Roi
hello,
i have a report with several columns which i would like to sort.
i know how to sort a column using the sorting option where i define value and direction.
my problem is that i want that when i'll click on the header of the column the sorting direction will change.
does anyone know how to do that ?
thanks,
roi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
Hi Roi,<br />
You can add javascript to rerun the report with the appropriate sorting applied. <br />
<br />
There is a commercial viewer that allows you to do sorting and much more in an AJAX based environment. Here is a video of the viewer:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=106'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=106</a><br
/>
<br />
Rob
Roi
i added javascript on beforeOpen of the dataSet and with hyperlink on the columns headers that changes the direc & sort by.
works great!
Angel01
Hi,
I am trying to sort columns of BIRT report on click of a SORT image next to each column name, but I dont know how to do it and where to put the code.
since, I am really new to BIRT, can you please tell me how to do this.
I saw a post of this too, which had a link to a training which didnt help at all. Please help me, I m very new to BIRT.
Thanks,
Anjali
mwilliams
Hi Angel,
You should be able to add the same hyperlink to the image that would have been added to the column header. Then use java script in the beforeOpen of the dataSet like Roi did to rerun the report with the new sort info.
Regards,
Michael
danhof
I cannot open this LINK, is here an other example?
sachindhus
Please it refer this link
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1590-dynamic-column-sorting/