Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sub-report using crosstab??
javi82
Hi all.
I have a table with a group of customers and want show in this table the details of each customer.
I have created a subreport with a table que show the details for an only customer, defined by a parameter in the query. In the table with the group of customers I use a javascript variable 'cid', that have the ID of each customer, that after link to the parameter of the Dataset of the subreport in the DataSet Parameter Binding,so that for every client, the report shows me all his details.
The problem is that now I need create the subreport using a crosstab item instead of a table. I don't know like to link the javascript variable 'cid' to the crosstab and therefore to the subreport dataset, because this item does not have the option 'Dataset Parameter Binding'.
It's possible create a subreport in this way with a crosstab item without use Report Parameters.
I'm using BIRT 2.2.1.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nele
Hi all,
I'm facing the same problem.
I have an outer table. Inside this table I've placed a cross tab. The cross tabs dataset needs to be linked to an outer value. (a value of the outer table)
I can't find a way to do "Dataset Parameter Binding" for a cross tab.
Has someone solved this problem for BIRT 2.3.2?
Is this problem solved in a later version?
Any workarounds are welcome..
Kind Regards,
Nele
mwilliams
Hi Nele,
You'll most likely have to use filters to filter the crosstab data. You'll have to have a value in the crosstab that is linkable to a value in the outer table though for this to work I believe. There may be other solutions as well. I'd have to look into it further. Let me know if you have any questions.
jori
Filtering will take a lot of time if its done for a large dataset (not yet restricted to the parent table) cause (as I know) its done in birt.
Is there some workaround for this issue?
jori
A found a solution in<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/9306-values-dataset-used-input-another-dataset.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/9306-values-dataset-used-input-another-dataset.html</a><br
/>
<br />
--> it uses a hidden report parameter to restrict the data dataset eg. of the crosstab.
Toadly
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jori'" data-cid="59168" data-time="1263545271" data-date="15 January 2010 - 01:47 AM"><p>
A found a solution in<br />
<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/9306-values-dataset-used-input-another-dataset.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/9306-values-dataset-used-input-another-dataset.html</a><br
/>
<br />
<br />
--> it uses a hidden report parameter to restrict the data dataset eg. of the crosstab.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi,<br />
Please can yo post the link again, when I click it says the topic cannot be found.<br />
Thanks<br />
Tony