performance problems with RCP Designer

Options
Brian1
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,
I've been using the 2.2.1.1 RCP Designer for ~2 months now, and I've found that for a few of my .rptdesign files, that the RCP Designer hangs for several minutes with every action I take.
I can't say that its anything within the .rptdesign file itself, since the database queries and the chart outputs are relatively lightweight.

Has anyone else experience performance issues with the RCP Designer?

I'm using a brand new HP Laptop with 2GB of RAM and plenty of disk space.
I've also defrag'd my harddrive.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-Brian

Comments

• averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Brian:
    Could you attach your design file that causes designer to hang?
    Thanks
    Ashwini
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Brian1
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    Hi Ashwini,
    The attached zip file contains a copy of the rptdesign file that I've had difficulties with.

In making the copy of the original file, I've not encountered something different.
    In the copy that I made, all I did was I updated the database connection information to have generic values, like "hostname", "username", "password" etc....
    Now when I open the copy of the design file in the RCP Designer, the performance is just fine.

With the original file that contains the real database connection information, the RCP Designer still hangs for minutes as soon as I click on a Label or a Table in the layout view.

Any ideas?
    -Brian
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    Hi Brian:<br />
    I am able to open the design file and don't see the issue you mentioned. Do you have your database hosted on a seperate machine? Here are some reasons why you are experiencing this delay:<br />
    <ul class='bbc'><li>Bad Network</li><li>Database may support limited connections is approaching maximum limit</li></ul>Let me know if you can recreate the same issue locally on the same machine using an isolated database. <br />
    <br />
    Ashwini
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb