Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Failed to upload a .rptdesign file
cantyman
i have successfully deployed iPortal/iServer on SUSE 10. However, I am unable to upload a file. After logging in as Administrator, I selected Files & Folders, then Add file. I selected the file I wanted to upload, but got the following error message dump:
An Error Occurred
The last operation Attempt to upload a file on item /ib_other/mcanty/workspace/REPORTS/dailyreport.rptdesign was unsuccessful.
Details of this operation and possible reasons for its failure are listed below.
Click on BACK to return to the last operational page.
Operation: Attempt to upload a file
The client sub-operation was Servlet (Upload File)
The server sub-operation was IDAPI ( )
Item: /ib_other/mcanty/workspace/REPORTS/dailyreport.rptdesign
Error Code: JSRVLT_11379
Message:
Resolution:
Details:
Class: com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet
Function: processResponse(...)
Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.utils.SoapParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.parseSoapBlock(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.processResponse(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve.invoke(FastCommonAccessLogValve.java:495)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:135)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:706)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Not sure what's causing this. I thought this was how I was to deploy reports. Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pclenahan
Cantyman,
Typically we see configurations where iServer is running on Linux as the server deployment, with users and administrators accessing the server via a Windows based browser.
Having said that, I would not have expected to see the error you are experiencing and we will look into it. What browser are you using? Please include the exact version number.
In the meantime, can you try using Firefox or IE from a Windows based client and let us know how that works.
Thanks,
Paul.
wli
Can you download the latest iServer Express (A9sp3fix3) and see if this error still happen?
KinG
Hi All,
May I know to to solve this error?
I have similar error with this error.
After I take over the project, I found that I cannot upload file into the actuate server.
I get this error:
"The last operation Attempt to upload a file on item FullTesting9_PTWCERT2_act.rox was unsuccessful.
Details of this operation and possible reasons for its failure are listed below.
Click on BACK to return to the last operational page.
Operation: Attempt to upload a file
The client sub-operation was Servlet (Upload File)
The server sub-operation was XML API ( )
Item: FullTesting9_PTWCERT2_act.rox
Error Code: JSRVLT_11379
Message:
Resolution:
Details: Class: com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet
Function: processResponse(...)
Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required in a well-formed document.
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocumentScanner.java:570)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.endOfInput(XMLDocumentScanner.java:790)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.endOfInput(XMLDocumentScanner.java:418)
at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.sendEndOfInputNotifications(XMLValidator.java:694)
at org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.changeReaders(DefaultEntityHandler.java:1026)
at org.apache.xerces.readers.XMLEntityReader.changeReaders(XMLEntityReader.java:168)
at org.apache.xerces.readers.UTF8Reader.changeReaders(UTF8Reader.java:182)
at org.apache.xerces.readers.UTF8Reader.lookingAtChar(UTF8Reader.java:197)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:686)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
at com.actuate.reportcast.utils.SoapParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.parseSoapBlock(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.processResponse(Unknown Source)
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1075)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:418)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:306)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5517)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:685)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3156)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2506)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:234)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:210)
Please note the error and contact the system administrator".
Why does this happen?
The last upload was 3 months ago.
Now I get this error.
Please help me.
TZhang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'KinG'" data-cid="69126" data-time="1286451696" data-date="07 October 2010 - 04:41 AM"><p>
Hi All,<br />
<br />
May I know to to solve this error? <br />
I have similar error with this error.<br />
After I take over the project, I found that I cannot upload file into the actuate server.<br />
<br />
I get this error:<br />
<br />
"The last operation Attempt to upload a file on item FullTesting9_PTWCERT2_act.rox was unsuccessful.<br />
Details of this operation and possible reasons for its failure are listed below.<br />
<br />
Click on BACK to return to the last operational page.<br />
<br />
Operation: Attempt to upload a file<br />
The client sub-operation was Servlet (Upload File)<br />
The server sub-operation was XML API ( )<br />
<br />
Item: FullTesting9_PTWCERT2_act.rox <br />
Error Code: JSRVLT_11379 <br />
Message: <br />
<br />
Resolution: <br />
Details: Class: com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet <br />
Function: processResponse(...) <br />
Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: <span style='font-size: 24px;'>The root element is required in a well-formed document. </span><br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XMLDocumentScanner.java:570) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.endOfInput(XMLDocumentScanner.java:790)<br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.endOfInput(XMLDocumentScanner.java:418) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.sendEndOfInputNotifications(XMLValidator.java:694) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.changeReaders(DefaultEntityHandler.java:1026) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.readers.XMLEntityReader.changeReaders(XMLEntityReader.java:168) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.readers.UTF8Reader.changeReaders(UTF8Reader.java:182) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.readers.UTF8Reader.lookingAtChar(UTF8Reader.java:197) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:686)<br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381) <br />
at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081) <br />
at com.actuate.reportcast.utils.SoapParser.parse(Unknown Source) <br />
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.parseSoapBlock(Unknown Source) <br />
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadResponseParser.processResponse(Unknown Source) <br />
at com.actuate.reportcast.servlets.FileUploadServlet.doPost(Unknown Source) <br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760) <br />
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1075) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:418) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:306) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5517) <br />
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:685) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3156) <br />
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2506) <br />
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:234) <br />
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:210) <br />
<br />
Please note the error and contact the system administrator".<br />
<br />
Why does this happen?<br />
The last upload was 3 months ago.<br />
Now I get this error.<br />
<br />
Please help me.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
which version of iserver and designer are you using? any change since last time reports get uploaded?<br />
you are trying to upload this report file using management console, is this correct?<br />
did java environment get updated since? <br />
the error message indicates there is something wrong with the document itself, can you try with a blank report or download a report which is already on the iserver and try to upload it again? this may help you to find out if this is about the report you are trying to upload.