Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sanity check
nipper
about to refresh my dev server. So I have a good chunck of content for testing.
I want to update the content with stuff from prod. Don't care about history, editions, etc.
So my plan is to remove the branch, re-create WA and import the files & DCRs.
Since we are sitting at 60% disk, I want to make certain the space is reclaimed.
It appears (from the manual) that removing the branch will take care of everything I need. Should not need to do anything else.
I have no Editions in dev. If I delete everything submit & update all WAs, will that accomplish the same ?
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gwen1
Is there only the one branch?... If so. I would recommend removing entire backingstore via the filesystem. Removal of a branch could take an extremely long time, depending on the number of submits. Then creating a brand new backingstore with your imported files, etc.
Gwen
Migrateduser
Nipper,
Just a warning. Importing existing DCRs will not work in a server migration. There are important extended attributes that the templating engine relies upon that are not maintained if you are just copying the records to your desktop (or wherever) and then simply importing the DCRs into TeamSite. These DCRs will exist, but the Templating (or FormsPublisher) engine will not know how to handle these records without the EAs.
One solution would be to use the utility provided in the 5.5.2 Conversion Tool Set that moves DCRs along with their EAs.
Thanks,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Johnny
deleting and submiting everything will still leave content in the backing store as previous versions of the files will still exist.
I tend to agree with the option of ripping out the backing store and starting with an empty one if its possible.
I have a deployment script and dnrs that enable deployment between TS machines. if it might be handy msg me.
John Cuiuli
nipper
Unfortunately I have multiple branches, blowing away the BS will not work.
per Dave, I have a script that will pick up the EAs and reapply them. Certainly would be nice if OpenDeploy did that.
Andy
Adam Stoller
If you're dealing with two 552 backing stores - blow away the branches on your DEV server and then do an iwmigrate of the latest edition of those branches from your PROD server to your DEV server. This *will* bring over the EAs as well.
Run the migration from your PROD server through a script using the iwlasted CLT to obtain the name of the latest edition on each branch so that you don't have to hard-code / manually perform the various branch migrations.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com