Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT does not show Japanese characters!!!
Dhaval
Hi All!
I have created a report in BIRT using the Japanese database. Now, the problem is when I view the report it shows all the Japanese characters in HTML & XLS viewer, but those characters are not shown in PDF, DOC & PPT viewer.
When I open the already stored Japanese reports in PDF, they show all the Japanese characters, so what is this problem? I want to solve this problem because in future I am also going to use Chinese database.
Please help! Thanks in advance.
DHAVAL
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Dhaval:
You may define the default configuration file for pdf format (fontsConfig_pdf.xml) in font plug-in folder: "eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts_xxxxxxxxxxxxx".
PDF emitter loads the font files from the fonts folder of the plug-in and then the system defined font folder. If the section <font-paths> is set in fontsConfig.xml, the system defined font folder will be ignored, and the font files specified in section font-paths> will be loaded instead.
Ashwini