Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Upgrade from Actuate E.Report Designer Pro
bulentozkir
I am using Upgrade from Actuate E.Report Designer Pro with Actuate IServer 8.0. I want to try BIRT Report Designer Pro. Will it support editing of my existing reports? I have to upload reports to Actuate IServer 8.0 and cannot change it currently.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
scaracas
Hi,
eReports Designer Pro is built for performance and pixel perfect quality reports. It generates high definition reports for fund sheets and other very "visual" reporting to demanding customers.
BIRT Designer Pro is built for interactivity and open standards, with possibility to add java/javascript interactions and web 2.0 effects. ( Interactive Viewing , Business Reports and other AJAX features )
Both of them are supported on the Actuate 9 platform , however there are 2 different technologies and you will not be able to open a report wiith the other designer.
Also , due to very different reporting needs and user population , these 2 report designers and complementary and not replacing whichother.
bulentozkir
If that's the case, I have to continue to use Actuate EReport Designer. Because I have many existing reports to maintain.
I want to license and order Actuate EReport Designer Professional. Can you send me the order link? Or tell me how to buy.
averma
bulentozkir:<br />
Here is the link to the Actuate contact page:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.actuate.com/company/contact-us/index.asp'>http://www.actuate.com/company/contact-us/index.asp</a><br
/>
<br />
<br />
Ashwini