Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can I create multiple charts
ismat
I have recently started using BIRT and made amazing progress, amazing tool. I am stuck on how to take a data set like:
NAME AGE
=== ===
PRDA 1
PRDA 2
PRDC 2
PRDC 3
PRDC 5
and have BIRT generate two charts, one per Name with columns for Age. is this possible? I do need charts and not a table.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi ismat,
If you will always have 2 tables, then you can create them both and use the Filter button on the Select Data tab.
If you want one chart per NAME and might have multiple names to deal with, then you need to group the data somehow. You do this be adding a table to the report and Insert a Group into the table that is based on NAME. Put a chart into the group header of the table and make sure to select container data for the Data Source. You will get one chart per NAME and the correct data will be plotted.
Enclosed is a simple example of both approaches.
ismat
Virgil, many thanks!
Ismat