Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
use of chart Engine in java application
mann
Hi,
I m new to BIRT Chart .
I want to create chart by using birt chart in my java Application.
I created on class wich hav function for creating pieChart
and one class which loads PNG driver and create png image file of that chart
I included all .jar files from chart Engine and requered files from Report Engine
But i m getting exception
this is the exception
Mar 31, 2008 4:24:58 PM org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings instance
WARNING: Exception
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Cant startup the OSGI framework
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.instance(PluginSettings.java:298)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.instance(PluginSettings.java:274)
at DataChartsViewer1.<init>(DataChartsViewer1.java:68)
at DataChartsViewer1.main(DataChartsViewer1.java:57)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Could not find the Framework - org.eclipse.osgi
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:95)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:78)
... 4 more
what shd I do??????
Is any more Api's are required?????????
please help me...........
thnks
mann
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi mann,<br />
<br />
Did you look at the required JARs list at the chart FAQ at:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Charts2.2#What_JARs_are_needed_on_the_classpath_to_deploy_the_Eclipse_Chart_Engine.3F'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Charts2.2#What_JARs_are_needed_on_the_classpath_to_deploy_the_Eclipse_Chart_Engine.3F</a><br
/>
<br />
It has instructions for using the chart engine stand alone.
mann
hi virgil,
I got the solution .I just added the BIRT_HOME ="<Path of Report Engine>" in my Eclipse
setup i.e in VM arguments
Thanks a lot
But now i want create chart in web application
I got two solutions
I)Use of jsp tag lib to create chart which hav a input as xml file to create chart
II)Use of servlet to create chart by using agin xml file only
but i m not getting more examples on it, which create chart by using xml?????
what shd i do???
Is thr any othe way to do it????
I dont want to use BIRT WebViewer.
please help me.....
thanks
mann
Virgil Dodson
Hi mann,<br />
<br />
I answered some of these same questions at:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=31739'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=31739</a>
;