Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Where to find the .NET Client?
cptblaubaer
Hi there,
I'm evaluating the iServerExpress right now. I wanted to take a look at the example code mentioned in your PDF document "programming-iserver-apps.pdf" on page 264. Where can I find the folder "Actuate9ServerIntTechWeb ServicesExamplesMS .NET Client"?
Am I missing something or is this folder not part of the evaluation installation?
Any help would greatly be appreciated since I'm looking for a reporting tool for both Java and .NET applications.
Thanks in advance for your help
Andreas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Chezy
HI Andreas,<br />
The sample is part of Server Integration Technology package. I don't see the package availabe for download here. We will do it as soon as possible. For now I made it available here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=352'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=352</a>.<br
/>
<br />
Let me know if you run into any issue.<br />
<br />
Chezy
cptblaubaer
Hi Chezy, <br />
<br />
thanks for making the source available at the download link. I could both build the ServerProxy and the examples without any problems. <br />
<br />
Is there an easy way to check if everything's working. I just got the login.exe working. <br />
<br />
When I try to upload a file it looses its name and it just creates a new file in C:ProgrammeActuate9iServerencycfile <br />
<br />
So e.g. running:<br />
<br />
UploadFile -h <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtserver:8000'>http://birtserver:8000</a>
; -u administrator -f ....reportSampleReport.rox<br />
<br />
results in "71.dat"<br />
<br />
When trying to execute a report I get the following error-message:<br />
<br />
executereport -h <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtserver:8000'>http://birtserver:8000</a>
; -u administrator SampleReport<br />
# SOAP Fault received:<br />
RequestName: ExecuteReport<br />
ErrorCode: 3196<br />
Message: Der angegebene Bericht konnte nicht ausgeführt werden. Die Ausführung von Actuate Basic e.Reports erfordert die<br />
Aktivierung der e.Report-Option.<br />
Wenden Sie sich an Actuate, um die Systemlizenz zu aktualisieren.<br />
<br />
What's going wrong there? <br />
<br />
Probably I missed something in the configuration of the iServer Express<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance for your help<br />
<br />
Andreas<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Chezy"><p>HI Andreas,<br />
The sample is part of Server Integration Technology package. I don't see the package availabe for download here. We will do it as soon as possible. For now I made it available here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=352'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=5&lid=352</a>.<br
/>
<br />
Let me know if you run into any issue.<br />
<br />
Chezy</p></blockquote>
Chezy
Andreas,
This is just provided as a sample. It uses eReport sample that's not supported in iServer Express. At this point we don't have a sample demonstrating how it works for BIRT reports.
Chezy