Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Two Stacked Bars in one chart
awie
Hello!
I want to create a chart with costs and incomes per Month. The costs shoud be in one bar and the income in the other, both bars shoud be stacked (income an cost are seperated in four/three slices). Is it possible to create such a chart with BIRT? I tested a lot, but i coudn't find a possibility to realise it.
Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand me anyway.
awie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi awie,<br />
<br />
You should be able to get a stacked bar chart by selecting the second icon while you have selected the bar charts... (see screenshot).<br />
<br />
Once you have the correct chart selected, add one series for the costs and another series for the income.<br />
<br />
I created a simple example and loaded it into the DevShare at:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=354'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=354</a>
;
awie
Hi vdodson,
thank you for your Answer, but that isn't what I mean. The chart you designed hat only one stacked bar per month, I want to have two stacked bars. For Example: In january I have 500? personnel costs and 500? piece costs this shoud be in one stacked bar, the other stacked bar is for the income: 600? for product A and 400 for Product B. So i want to have two bars per Month, do you understand what I mean? Sorry, my first question was not so clear, I think.
awie
Virgil Dodson
There's probably more ways to do this, but one way is to use the optional grouping feature to hold the different expense or income... and then create two different Series. One for each grouping. See the screenshot. I also updated the example at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=354'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=354</a>
; to include a chart with two sets of stacked series.
awie
Thank you, vdodson! That is exactly was I need!
fae1
we are having trouble downloading it. when we try to view it we get the error message null pointer opening the editor. We think your report is corrupt or maybe you opened it with a very old version of Birt. please post out there a corrected version
thanks
Virgil Dodson
Hi fae1,
What version of BIRT are you using? I created this example in BIRT 2.2.0, and have since loaded it into 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 without problems. Can you copy the error dialog into the forum thread?
Paul A
Hi Virgil,<br />
<br />
The screenshots looks like something I am trying to do, however the data structure I am working with is totally different.<br />
<br />
I want to group on the column name, so given the following data<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Date Time Data-1.1 Data-1.2 Data-2.1 Data-2.2
1-Aug-2011 00:00 100 200 150 25
2-Aug-2011 00:00 300 300 20 22
... and so on ...
</pre>
<br />
The way I want to group the data is to put:<br />
Data-1.1 and Data-1.2 together in a single bar.<br />
Data-2.1 and Data-2.2 together in a single bar.<br />
For each day in the X-axis.<br />
<br />
Is this possible?<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
Andez