Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter validation
donleblanc
Hi,
I have a date parameter and would like to validate the date before I run the report and if the date is invalid, I would like to stop the report from running and display a message.
If the user enters the date as "2001-13-01" then I would like to display a message that the date is invalid and stay on the parameters screen.
BIRT think this date is valid and change it to "2002-01-01" which is not what I want
Anybody know how to validate parameter and stop running the report.
Thanks in advance,
Donald
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Donald,
You may have already solved this problem, but there is a validate script for the report parameters that you can use to check for this.