Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSet Cache support with BIRT.
way2gauravs
Dear Members,
I have a situation where I need to sort the table data dynamically by clicking column header link for the table. Constraint is that we do not want to fire another query to the DataBase.
Further, we don't want to use Java script sorting on the client side. So the responsibility, I guess, lies on the Birt if it can support caching of DataSet so that sorting request from browser does not cause another query to Database.
As I understand, caching DataSet will give rise to another problem to session management for session based caching.
I am just beginning with Birt. Please correct me where you feel I am wrong in my understanding.
Thanking you,
--gaurav.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
chinese
Me too~~!
Importance problem!!!
Help~!
scaracas
An advanced cache mechanism will be implemented in 2.3
All objects binded to one dataset will result in that dataset getting cached for all of them and run only one time.
For the time being , you have another solution. From rptdesign , go only for Run task ( instead of RunAndRender ) , which will create an rptdocument. This one is data populated , and will not trigger any DB connection.
Then do a Render , and have fun with your Javascript sorting as this will have no impact.
somebody correct me if i'm doing wrong assumptions :-)
mlb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'scaracas'" data-cid="33328" data-time="1212976927" data-date="08 June 2008 - 07:02 PM"><p>
An advanced cache mechanism will be implemented in 2.3<br />
<br />
<br />
All objects binded to one dataset will result in that dataset getting cached for all of them and run only one time.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Can anyone please let me know if this has been implemented? :unsure: If so, how to enable it?<br />
<br />
I started using BIRT 4.2 hoping for improvement - but still seeing multiple identical requests sent by XML data source to my XML web service during cube data generation. This slows down report generation a lot as my web service (XML data provider) is not the fastest one.