Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Correct way to pass a parameter to a report
sandman42
Hi folks,
as a newbie with BIRT, I'm playing with it using MyEclipse.
I'm trying to set up a java web test application which asks for a customer id and then runs the report showing informations about the specified customer.
Actually, I'm achieving my goal in this way:
1) Set up the dataset query with a where customerid = ?
2) Set up a querypameter, say myCustomerID
3) Link it report parameter, with the same name for clarity
4) In the calling page I ask the user for caller id and then I pass it as a parameter, i.e. in the url I have an "&myCustomerID=<the id entered by the user>".
It works but I'm asking myself if it's the correct way to do it, or there is a better way.
The second question is about passing parameters in the URL: doesn't this expose my application to SQL injection problems, i.e. do I need to perform validation in the report before using the passed value?
Thanks a lot
Ciao
Is there any different and safer way to pass the parameter(s)?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi sandman42,
I believe that this is the best way to pass the parameters.