Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Assign color to stacked bar series
tymhon
Hi, I would like to know how to assign a color to a bar series through the charting API in Java. The series are stacked and I would like to select one of 2 colors for each based on an attribute of the values.
Thanks!
Terry
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Terry,<br />
<br />
Since you want to change the colors based on values, then you should look at scripting for the chart.<br />
<br />
First, look at this example where the bar colors are changed based on values:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=276'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=276</a><br
/>
This example uses the chart inside a BIRT report design but makes it easy to test this way.<br />
<br />
Once you have a handle on how that works with the BIRT Designer, then you can use the setScript method on your chart with a similar script to have it work only with the Chart Engine API.
tymhon
Thanks Virgil, I have gotten it working with adding a script. I also have another question. I am using SWT and I have a table with a list of items. These items are presented in two pie charts and a bar chart. Is there a way where I can highlight the part of each chart that contains the item that is selected on the table?
Thanks!
Terry