Data set parameter binding

aswin
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi all,
I have a problem regarding exporting the report.I have a table with 2 columns (i.e., a single dataSet with 2 columns from database).The table is bound to that dataset and everything was fine,when I exported the report.But now I have a table inside a column of the initial table as I have to get a new data set and show it depending upon each value from the row of the initial table.Everything is fine as far as report in concerned.But the real problem occurs when I export the data.I could 'nt see the values from the table which is inside the column ofinitial table.Is there any way for getting these values shown when I export the report? kindly help me out......

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Aswin,

Are you just trying to export the data? or are you trying to export the entire report?

If you're just exporting data, each table has to be exported individually.

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • aswin
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hello Michale,
    Thanks for the reply.Actually I want to export the whole report.I dont know that there is an option for exporting individual tables either.Can u please help me out in doing that so that I can try and do it if that solves my problem..

Regards,
    Aswin
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Aswin,

If you view the report in the BIRT Report Viewer, you have buttons at the top for export data and export report. If you click on the export data button, you should be able to choose between available result sets to find the data that you want to export.

If you're wanting to export the entire report, you would just click on the export report button. If you've done that and it's not exporting all of your data, there may be a bug. Exporting the individual result sets may get you what you need for now if that's the case. What version of BIRT are you using?

Regards,

Michael
  • aswin
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Michale,

Thanks once again for the reply.I did click the export button but was unable to see all the available datasets to export.Instead I only see the dataset which is bound to my master(initial) table.Thats what is my problem,when I was exporting the report.I want the other datasets also to be visible/available for exporting. And regarding the version of BIRT I am using 2.1.2

Regards,
    Aswini
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Aswini,

I might not be understanding everything correctly. Are you wanting to export data that is not in the executed report? Or are you just not able to export the data from the inner table in your report?

Regards,

Michael
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Aswini,

Nevermind my last post. I just found out what your problem is. In BIRT 2.1, the problem you're having was a bug. It has been fixed in version 2.2, which is the version that I've been testing your problem on. So, that was the reason for the confusion.

Regards,

Michael
  • aswin
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Michale,
    Thanks very much for your help.I will download 2.2 and will let you know
    regarding this.

Regards,
    Aswin.