Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SSI redirection on external webserver
Grundy
Scenario:
Running TS 5.5.2 on Windows 2000. Using [iwproxy_preconnect_remap] to map requests on a certain branch to an external IIS webserver (also on Win 2000) for component testing purposes.
Question:
I've got the remap regex working properly, and given the external webserver access to TeamSite's IFS drive; everything works fine long as I'm viewing HTML or ASP pages without any #include lines. But many of our files do use #include and I'm not sure how to make this work. I've tried copying iwproxy_isapi.dll onto the external machine and setting it up as an ISAPI filter, as done for the TeamSite server, but this doesn't work. Can somebody point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are the included files within TeamSite?
If so - you can go one of two ways (that I know of):
On the remote IIS server, create a new web-server instance and set it's home directory to be
\\
TeamSite-server
\IWSERVER
, and then in your
iwproxy_preconnect_remap
make sure to strip off just the leading
/iw-mount
before pre-ceding the remainder of the path with your remote server - something like:
_regex="^/iw-mount(/.*\.asp)(\?.*)?$"=
http://remote-serverort/$1$2
Similar, but on the remote server create a mapped drive (instead of using a UNC path) - and then you can set up a virtual directory for /iw-mount just like on the TeamSite IIS server - and leave the /iw-mount in the right-hand-side of the regex. This has the added bounus that you should get the SCE toolbar when viewing the ASP page.
In both cases, the include directives should, I believe, pull the included files back from the TeamSite server.
I've only had limited experience with this, so I could be missing some things here, but hopefully this will get you on the right track.
If not, you'll probably have to post a bit more details about (a) what you are trying to do and (b) a sample snippet of the code that isn't working.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Grundy
Thanks for the reply. I'm still having having trouble getting this right, though, so here's a shot the extra detail you're looking for.
Basically, we have a site full of ASP code, some of which utilizes custom-built COM objects. We are concerned about loading these COM objects onto our TeamSite server due to ongoing development, possible incompatibilities between the two, etc.
A solution we're trying to implement is to set up an external server for viewing pages as they are edited in TeamSite. This involves:
a) creating a website on the external server which gets its content from the TeamSite server's IWServer share
b) setting up proxy remappings in TeamSite so that pages are served from the external site rather than directly from the TeamSite server
Step (b) is what you've detailed in the reply to my first posting. I think I have a pretty good handle on that part. Current problem areas are:
1) Setting correct ACLs on the TeamSite files to allow the full circle of requests to happen. I can see pages fine if I point my browser directly to the external server, but when trying to view them through TeamSite I get an authentication error, even if logged on as the same user.
2) The include file issues mentioned before. The included files are in TeamSite, but I don't know how to make them virtualize properly when being rendered from the external server. The SSI redirector module normally used to make this work in TeamSite doesn't seem to function on the external server.
I've attached a drawing of what I understand to be the process by which page would be rendered for a client browser in this environment. Hopefully this will clarify the description I've given.
Thanks,
Nutt