Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple documents (PDFs) from ONE rptdesign-file.
WFG
Probably one of the easiest tasks but I can't find any documentation.
I have a dataset with tons of data for e.g. several departments.
I want to generate one seperate document for each department. Naturally, I could spend a parameter (department-id) and build each report seperately (one call to the engine for each department-id) - but: is there a way (Scripting?) to let the report generate itself multiple times, grouped by an element of the dataset???
Many thanks
Wil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Wil,
I don't know that there's a way to generate multiple PDF's by group using scripting or not, but you could definitely run the report, group by department, and use page breaks to have each department on its own page.
If I find a way to create multiple separate PDF's from one report using scripting, I'll post it in here.