Missing sub categories under BIRT functions in the Expression Buillder

smuks
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I am trying to find the total of all the values of a particular column.But in my BIRT functions,all I see are : BirtComp,DateTimeSpan and Finance.I do NOT see the Total sub category.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this?Can I add missing sub categories through some plug in?

Thank you.

Comments

• garyxue
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Total functions have been removed in BIRT 2.2 and replaced with Aggregation builder. You can access the aggregation builder from either:
    (1) The Palette view. Drag "Aggregation" under "Quick tools" to the layout view where you want the aggregation displayed.
    (2) In Data Binding editor for a table/list, use button "Add Aggregation" to add a new aggregation.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Smuks,

What version of BIRT are you using? Newer versions of BIRT don't have the same options in the expression builder that the older versions had for totals. In the expression builder, you can still use the Total.Sum() function by typing Total.Sum() and then use the expression builder to choose what you would like to total.

However, the new method is to go to your palette, find the aggregation tool, drag it over into your report, and use the aggregation builder to sum up the column you want the total of.

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Gary,

Looks like you beat me to it. Your reply wasn't there when I first opened up the thread. :)

Regards,

Michael
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • smuks
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Thank you both,Gary and Micheal.

I did just that and my problem was solved!

Appreciate your prompt response.