Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birtViewer on linux with flat file data source fails
rsarmiento
Hello everyone.
I deployed birtViewer on an OAS oracle web server.
Now I have a report (rptdesign) which I want to read data from a flat file datasource. It was easy in Tomcat/Windows, but on Linux it can't find the flat file. The error is this:
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Invalid table name:/u01/app/data/temp/my_file.txt
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile.util.FlatFileDataReader.findDataFileAbsolutePath(FlatFileDataReader.java:467)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile.util.FlatFileDataReader.getColumnCount(FlatFileDataReader.java:301)
What do you recommend?.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rsarmiento
In case you need to know this:
- I am using BirtViewer pulled from birt-runtime-2_2_2.zip
- O.S. is Linux Red hat 4
- Web server is Oracle OAS 10.1.2
- test.rptdesign works just fine on this server
Virgil Dodson
Hi rsarmiento,
According to this error, it looks like it is having trouble finding my_file.txt from the /u01/app/data/temp directory. Is this the correct location of that file? You may also want to check the permissions on that file and folder.
rsarmiento
Hi vdodson.
I checked that there is a my_file.txt in that path.
Also, using ls -l, unix tells me that the file has read permission for everyone (rwxrw-r--), so I changed it to +777 (rwxrwxrwx), just to be sure.
I also placed copies of the file at:
/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee
/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee/my_oc4j_instance
/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee/my_oc4j_instance/applications
/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee/my_oc4j_instance/applications/birt
/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee/my_oc4j_instance/applications/birt/birt
the birt/birt directory is where the report rptdesign file is.
sadly, it still produces the same result.
I am trying to create a new OC4J instance and try to log using finest, to see if that could help me find the error.
rsarmiento
Thank you for your help. I succeeded in creating the birt report.
My problem was simple: I was not using the "HOME" property of the report definition file. I was trying to use a path+file as the name of the file, when what I should have done is to send the path part to HOME (in the Data-Source), and the file part to the Data-set.
home is now:
<property name="HOME">/u01/app/oas/portal/j2ee</property>
and the queryText property is similar to this:
<property name="queryText">select "COLUMN_1", "COLUMN_2" from
archivo.txt :..........