Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
help with BIRT 2.3
screenname
Hey BIRT experts,
I am new to BIRT. I upgraded the runtime to 2.3 for the connection profile. Unfortunately, the pdf seems not generated successfully. It complained com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi. I manually added <property name="bidiLayoutOrientation">ltr</property> for the new bi-direction support. However, it didn't fix the problem. The html output had no problem at all. I really don't want to re-create my report again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The runtime 2.3 threw an error:
In web browser,
+ org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.; nested exception is:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Stream closed
In the log,
Jul 8, 2008 9:34:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask render
SEVERE: An error happened while running the report. Cause:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Stream closed
at com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi.<init>(Bidi.java:1199)
at com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi.<init>(Bidi.java:1136)
at com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi.<init>(Bidi.java:4479)
at com.ibm.icu.text.Bidi.<init>(Bidi.java:4398)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.text.BidiSplitter.createBidi(BidiSplitter.java:39)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.text.BidiSplitter.<init>(BidiSplitter.java:34)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.text.ChunkGenerator.<init>(ChunkGenerator.java:59)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi screenname,
Instead of modifying the report XML source manually, have you tried opening the rptdesign file in the BIRT 2.3 designer and then saving it?
gavrielkay
Any ideas how to solve this? I had it working ok as a standalone web application, but when I tried to wrap it into an existing app, I started to get this error.
Jessica
gavrielkay
I'm not sure if it's too late for the original poster, but I found out that my issue was caused by having an old version of icu4j in the classpath. Once I removed all instances except the one distributed with BIRT everything worked again.