Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
query builder
omogeneo
Hello world...
I'm Giovanni from Roma..
I downoladed the new release of BIRT, 2.3...
I'm loocking in for the "query builder", but I can't find it..
Can you help me???
Thank you...
Giovanni
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Asmrani
Create a datasource first to define where your data source is,
and then create a dataset for a query
Review the help content in BIRT, they have step-by-step showing you how to create one.
Asmrani
Virgil Dodson
For BIRT 2.3.0, the query builder is only available if you are using a connection profile store. You can see a connection profile being used in the BIRT 2.3 recorded webinar if you get stuck. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/news-events/webinar.php?lid=373'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/news-events/webinar.php?lid=373</a>
;
cypherdj
Hi Virgil,
long time no speak,
I've just installed the RCP designer for both BIRT 2.6.2 and 3.7, and I have to say I'm at a loss as well with regards to using the query builder. From the notable features list, I should see a new JDBC Database Connection for Query Builder in the new Data Source popup but to no avail.
Is there an additional plugin I need to install to test this feature out? I've already included the MySQL connector JDBC driver in the usual plugins/.../drivers location, and this is picked up when creating a standard JDBC data source.
A little confused
Cedric
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cypherdj'" data-cid="80772" data-time="1311891660" data-date="28 July 2011 - 03:21 PM"><p>
Hi Virgil,<br />
<br />
long time no speak,<br />
<br />
I've just installed the RCP designer for both BIRT 2.6.2 and 3.7, and I have to say I'm at a loss as well with regards to using the query builder. From the notable features list, I should see a new JDBC Database Connection for Query Builder in the new Data Source popup but to no avail.<br />
<br />
Is there an additional plugin I need to install to test this feature out? I've already included the MySQL connector JDBC driver in the usual plugins/.../drivers location, and this is picked up when creating a standard JDBC data source.<br />
<br />
A little confused
<br />
Cedric<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hey Cedric,<br />
<br />
You need to configure your eclipse to work with the JDBC driver for MySQL etc. (Library can be found 2 <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/'>http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/</a>)
for more documentation about how to set up check the Eclipse BIRT help files.