Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Blocking parallel deployments
code
Hi,
I am using OpenDeploy 5.5.2 with several deployment definitions that are triggered manually via the UI.
From a functional point of view every deployment belongs to a specific group. Therefore, I would like to ensure that only one deployment of every group runs at a time.
I know that I cannot trigger adeployment multiple times so that they run in parallel, but what do I have to configure to group more than one deployment configuration?
Thanks for any comments.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Can you try re-phrasing and/or adding more detail / specifics / examples to your query?
Maybe it's just me, but I found it difficult to figure out what you do and don't want to do with respect to your deployments - and thus rather difficult to figure out how to provide useful information to assist you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
code
Sure,
Assume I have two deployment types: one with and without automatic page generation.
Technically, the UI of OpenDeploy allows me start both deployments at the same time. This is what I want to avoid. I don't need any queuing mechanism. OpenDeploy should just stop with the same error message as if I want to trigger one deployment twice.
Hope this is more specific :-)
Adam Stoller
If I understand you correctly - then I don't think there is anything built-in to do this.
You might be able to accomplish it using DNRs where you have a DNR run at the beginning of the deployment [on the source side] that checks for the existance of a lockfile of sorts. If it doesn't see one, it creates it and returns. If it does see one, it returns the XML error-code snippet to stop the deployment from going off.
You would then have to have another DNR script [also running on the source side] that after the deployment (on success *or* failure probably) removes the lockfile.
This would be easier/better to do with OD 5.6 using dnrDeploymentJob rather than dnrDeployment (which is all you have available in OD 5.5.2)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
GEMCSV.dsc
GEMCSV Streamin.docx
Migrateduser
Perhaps both deployments can be configured using one deployment config file with parameter substitution to differentiate between the two types. Not sure how complex that makes things for you, though. For example, you could have two definitions, and then use a parameter in the execution task for which definition to run.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com