Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Branch Security Not working
Sekar_S
Hi All,
I was trying to secure a Branch named 'Development'. I have given permissions 770.
drwxrwx--- 5 user1 group1 512 May 28 10:41 Development
I have given Branch_Security=yes and Workarea_Security=yes in /etc/iw.cfg file.
Then I created a user testts in group other. When I to access from solaris box as user testts, it gives msg 'Permissions denied" as expected. But through TeamSite the same user (testts) is able to access the folder.
Anyhelp will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Is this Solaris? What version of TeamSite? It'll help to know more specifics.
lissa
Sekar_S
It is TeamSite 5.5.2 running on Solaris 5.8.
When I remove the user testts from master.uid and add it in editor.uid. The folder is not visible.
But in our environment, the user might be in master.uid or admin.uid. If i add the same user in master.uid the branch is visible. how to solve this ? please help
Adam Stoller
I believe master users can generally see all branches and workareas - (not sure about the directory level). I'm also not sure about permissions in those dictories.
Have you tried, as a master user, to navigate into a branch/workarea/folder that you should not have access to, and create a file? Does it work or does it generate an error?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Try to use the correct attributes iw.cfg with "on" instead of "yes"
branch_security=on
workarea_security=on
see:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=1268