Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab groups
cypherdj
Hi,
I have a crosstab which shows counts by months, but at present, the months for which there is no value are not displayed:
| 2008 |
| Jan | Mar | Apr | Jun | Jul | Aug |
| 50 | 12 | 8 | 11 | 32 | 27 |
What I'd like to display is :
| 2008 |
| Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug |
| 50 | 0 | 12 | 8 | 0 | 11 | 32 | 27 |
Is this possible, without modifying the underlying query?
Thanks,
Cedric
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Cedric,
What version of BIRT are you using? If 2.3, does the empty rows/columns section in the properties tab of the property editor not handle this?
cypherdj
Hi Michael, and thanks for the reply,
I'm working with Birt 2.2.2. As we are close to release time and simply designing the available reports within our application, I don't think an upgrade to ganymede and Birt 2.3 could be on the cards.
I guess a possible workaround, if one isn't available in Birt 2.2.2, would be to dynamically add 0 column values for the missing months. I'm not quite sure how this could be scripted though.
The same logic may need to be applied for other (non-datetime) measures as well.
Any thoughts?
mwilliams
Cedric,
I've tried looking for a way to do this in script and didn't find a way. Most likely the change will have to come in the source code for creating crosstabs.
cypherdj
Hi Michael,
thanks so much for spending time looking into this. I guess this limitation can be highlighted to our users, with the view that an upgrade to Birt 2.3 would address the issue.
Kind regards,
Cedric