Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating page like lauout on the same page with BIRT
flamboyant
Can we make a page like output on the same page?
The layout should look somewhat like below:
Item Details
ID Desc ID Desc
1 Item1 4 Item4
2 Item2 5 Item 5
3 Item3 6 Item6
<<Here it is page
break, but the next
set of records should not go to next page>>
Similarly repeat this for other pages. Please let me know if this is possible using BIRT.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi flamboyant,
What do you mean by "<<Here it is page break, but the next set of records should not go to next page>>." Do you want there to be a page break there? Or just a space or what? Just confused because you say page break, then say that the next records shouldn't go to the next page.
flamboyant
Hi Michael,
When I say that <here it is a page break..> is that, in a normal page layout, lets say 5 records get printed on the page, then an automatic page break occurs, and the rest of the records show on the next NEW page. But what I want to achieve is to show the next set of records on the same page but second column.
I tried playing around with the filters but do not know what will make this happen. Do you have any idea how I can achieve something close to this?
Let me know if I am still not clear.
- Thanks
mwilliams
flamboyant,<br />
<br />
I think I understand now what you're looking for. What I understand is that you'd like something like:<br />
<br />
record 1 record 6<br />
record 2 record 7<br />
record 3 record 8<br />
record 4 record 9<br />
record 5 record 10<br />
<page break><br />
record 11 record 16<br />
record 12 record 17<br />
record 13 record 18<br />
record 14 record 19<br />
record 15 record 20<br />
<page break><br />
etc.<br />
<br />
If so, the following link to a previous forum post may help you out with this. If this isn't right and doesn't help, just let me know.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11306'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11306</a>
;