Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
workflow email
mksiw
I have a user's email ID with a single quote in his name O'donald@xyz.com. This person is not receiving any email kicked off from the workflow.
I can see the emails are undelivered to him and goes to the SMTP admin account as undelivered.
Is there any way I cant make him receive emails with out changing his email ID?
any help...
Thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Special characters embedded within email address, directory paths, filenames are all bad, bad, bad. You should not allow them as they wreak havoc on underlying code that has to deal with them. Try escaping the single quote and see if that fixes it. I would have the guy's email address changed to exclude the quote.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
Add to that in the comments. Even when you use the _TAG_ attribute in the WF, I have seen special characters cause problems in the WF comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure if that's really a valid email address - but you might try the following:
my $addr = qq("O'donald"
@xyz
.com);
or
my $addr = qq("O'donald"\
@xyz
.com);
qq() acts like a double-quote around its contents. Putting double-quotes within the qw() should result in a string that *includes* those double-quotes. Double-quoting the left-hand-side of the address may allow it to be accepted with the single-quote / apostrophe in the address.
Take a look at
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html
if you want gory details
(edited - I accidently had qw where I meant to say qq)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Edited by ghoti on 10/30/03 04:39 PM (server time).