Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
this.height
LetsBIRT
I am trying to get a display of the height of a control.
i have tried using this.text = this.height; but this does not work.
and also when i try to do this.height = "0in"; nothing seems to happen, the control still displays the text.
any suggestions?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi LetsBIRT,
Where are you putting the script on the element? I'm using BIRT 2.3 and this.height = "0in"; works on the label I tested it on. What version of BIRT are you using?
mwilliams
On the this.text = this.height question. If you haven't set a height for the report item, the height variable will be null. It doesn't return the actual render height. If you set the height, that should work for you.
Hope this helps.
LetsBIRT
the this.text = this.height workd, thank you !
but for the this.height = "0in" , its not working.
I tried to write the script on both onPrepare and onCreate of the data element, but it still displays the value.
Please help.
Thanks
LetsBIRT
I am using BIRT 2.2.2
LetsBIRT
this.height = "0in" on the onCreate of label or text , does not work. The value still displays inspite.
what must be the issue.
I am on BIRT 2.2.2
mwilliams
It seems to work just fine for me in the onRender and onCreate sections in BIRT 2.2.2. Are you trying to do this to a label or another report item?
LetsBIRT
Its a label. For some reason its not able to supress the contents.
Do i have to change any other settings?(like i did for this.text = this.height?)
mwilliams
I didn't have to do set anything else. I just put...
this.height = "0in";
...in the onRender, onCreate, or onPrepare method section of the script and it worked.