Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problems with Time data types
Cain
Greetings,
I am having two issues with the Time data type that I cannot seem to find solutions to. Hopefully I'll be able to find an answer here.
The first issue is when I have a Time data type with leading zeroes it shows 24 instead of those zeroes. For example 00:30:00 displays as 24:30:00. The only way to get it to display 00:30:00 is to set the data to a String data type. This is a problem because I need to sum multiple times, which leads to my second problem....
I cannot sum times for whatever reason. When I try to create an aggregate expression on times with the resultant data type being Time I get an error saying it cannot convert the value of x.**** (being a double) to Time type, even though the times I am trying to sum are Time data types and the result is a Time data type. In the output columns section of the Data Set I have the output columns set to Time.
Any suggestions? Hopefully my questions were clear.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Cain
Perhaps a better way to do things would be to store the time as seconds and then convert it to hh:mm:ss. This way the seconds can easily be added up for a total time. However I can't seem to find a way to do this either.