Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Allow Multiple Values in List Box on iServer
LetsBIRT
When i run a simple report with a paramter where i allow for Multiple selection, it runs perfectly on the desktop, but when i upload the same design file on the server and when i try to select the same parameter(s) that i did on my machine and run(iPortal), it does not run the report.
We are using Actuate 9 and BIRT 2.2.2.
When i try to run this from the management console and select the paramter ,it throws an error saying:
"The parameter value is incorrect for the specified paramter type"
any suggestions?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you post the report?
JasonW
Try this example.
Jason
LetsBIRT
Jason, please find the code.i have no issues running it on the desktop. on server it throws up error for few of the selected parameters:
And this happens only when i select the Allow Multiple Values, if i do not check that option, the same parameter that gives an error with the Allow Multiple Values, runs fine.
Is this something to do with the server configuration:
JasonW
Did you try the example I posted?
I noticed your 2.2.2 was slightly older than mine, but I doubt that is the issue. What full version of Actuate 9 are you using?
I am using 9 Service Pack 3 Fix 3A build 90F080509
Jason
LetsBIRT
Yes i tried the example you are using. It seems to be working fine.
I added the same code in the before factory of my report, runs fine on desktop not on the server. can you also let me know what exactly is the code doing different than the direct way of doing it.
I am using 9 Service Pack 3 Fix 1 (Build 90F071218).
JasonW
That code in the beforeFactory does nothing. You should be able to delete it without any issues. The parameters are tied to a filter on the dataset.
LetsBIRT
I have noticed something, when i upload the rptdesign to the server and see the parameter list there, i see there are quotes added at wierd places(attached). this may be the reason for the error.
I even tested your report again but this time i passed the display string as paramter and not integer in the backend. It throws an error.
can you please tell me what could cause this?
LetsBIRT
does anyone have any idea?
Thanks
JasonW
Can you post the report that you modified (the example I posted earlier) with your modifications?
LetsBIRT
Here it is :
works on desktop, not on server.
JasonW
You sure this contains your changes? It ran fine on mine, but I did not see any changes in it.
Jason
LetsBIRT
The changes are there , I am passing the customer name as the paramter and not the order number and on the report i am displaying just the customer name (basically all the parameters that i passed) and nothing else.
The report may run but it may not display the correct data.
When i run the report, i selected the following paramters(got this from the mgmt console):
Parameters
==========
MultiParm
the way these paramters are passed is wrong,but for 'Euro+ Shopping Channel'.
If you see the screenshot attached, there are 6 parameters passed but the reoprt only displays one('Euro+ Shopping Channel'), which is the one that is passed correctly.
JasonW
This may be a bug, but I believe it is fixed in my version. Take a look at the screenshots of the same parameters and output from my install.
JasonW
pictures are attached
LetsBIRT
This is not a bug related to the version, as the same version works fine in a different place.
we are not able to figure out what is wrong with our system. We are trying to reboot the iServer machine and see if that helps.
LetsBIRT
Reboot did not help.